This year Kelevra K9 is putting together shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child! Our goal this year is to create as many shoe boxes as we can to send to children in need across the globe. This is Kelevra K9’s first year donating gifts to those in need and we want YOU to join us!
Group Class will be held on Saturday the 12th & 19th at Railroad Park (700 S Railroad Ave, Loveland CO 80537) at 10:00am.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Find a shoebox or even better a shoe box sized plastic container (this provides more use for the kids and families)
- Fill the boxes up with gifts for a boy or a girl and label box. Select an age group: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14.
- Bring Your shoebox to group class this week or next week!
Things You Can Pack:
- For any age boy here, what they really want is a soccer ball. So get the best quality mini soccer ball that you can fit into the box when it is inflated (or send a deflated ball with a pump) and you can basically forget about anything else!
- Brand new nice short-sleeved shirts (with no writing on them) for boys and girls. Kids here have few clothes and often wear old, ripped, hand-me-downs, so nice new shirts are really appreciated and will probably fit.
- Small flashlight with batteries
- Good quality melamine plate, bowl, and/or cup (Practical and also special.)
- Soap AND a plastic soap dish that has a cover. When you bathe standing on a big rock in the dirt as kids do here, you really need the soap holder. And families never have enough soap.
- Toothbrush in a toothbrush holder. Again, the plastic case for the toothbrush is really great when you don’t have a sink/counter/tiled bathroom but rather brush your teeth outside squatting over dirt and need to keep it in your room.
- Pencils, erasers, colored pencils, and sharpeners for all school-aged kids. And good quality pens for kids aged 10-14, in black, red, green, and blue. All of these are required for school and the ones from America last so much longer than the cheap ones available here.
- Hard candy and gum
- Hair elastics or head bands for girls
- A simple watch for older kids
- A solar calculator for older kids
- Sunglasses for older kids
- For the youngest girls, a baby doll with light brown skin and no hair (good for a child of any color)
- Toy car, truck or airplane for the youngest boys The ones with bigger wheels that are made for toddlers and are larger than Matchbox size are good.
Operation Christmas Child is an outstanding way to positively affect the holiday season of less fortunate children across the globe. It is a simple concept that also insures your charitable giving will end up in the right place and have the intended outcome – happy kids. We hope that you will help us in sending as many boxes as possible to those in need.